Privacy Statement – GDPR
PREGIS, a.s. (hereinafter only “PREGIS”) seeks to protect your personal information and to ensure your satisfaction in the use of our websites, products and services (“solutions”).
This privacy statement applies to the PREGIS websites and solutions that link to this statement and describes how we treat your personal information and your ability to collect, use, update, and repair your personal information and access to it.
For more information about our privacy practices, please refer to the descriptions of business offers, additional privacy statements, or comments provided at or before the data collection.
Collection of Your Personal Information
We may collect data, including personal information, about you as you use our websites and Solutions and interact with us. “Personal information” is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include name address, email address, phone number, login information (bank account number, password), marketing preferences, social media account information, or payment card number. If we link other data with your personal information, we will treat that linked data as personal information. We also collect personal information from trusted third-party sources and engage third parties to collect personal information to assist us.
We collect personal information for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Processing your order, including payment transactions.
- Providing you with a newsletter subscription.
- Sending marketing communications.
- Creating an account.
- Enabling the use of certain features of our Solutions.
- Personalizing your experience.
- Providing customer service.
- Managing a job application.
We and the third parties we engage may combine the information we collect from you over time and across our websites and Solutions with information obtained from other sources. This helps us improve its overall accuracy and completeness, and also helps us better tailor our interactions with you.
If you choose to provide PREGIS with a third party’s personal information (such as name, email, and phone number), you represent that you have the third party’s permission to do so.
Examples include forwarding reference or marketing material to a friend or sending job referrals. Third parties may unsubscribe from any future communication following the link provided in the initial message or contacting email@example.com.
In some instances, PREGIS and the third parties we engage may automatically collect data through cookies, web logs, web beacons, and other similar applications. This information is used to better understand and improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of the website and to help tailor content or offers for our customers. Please read the “Cookies and Other Web Technologies” section below for more information.
Uses of Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our websites and Solutions, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law. Some of the ways we may use personal information include:
- Delivering a Solution you have requested..
- Analyzing, supporting, and improving our Solutions and your online experience.
- Personalizing websites, newsletters and other communications.
- Administering and processing of your trainings and certification exams.
- Sending communications to you, including for marketing or customer satisfaction purposes.
Access to, Accuracy of your Personal Information and Your Rights
We process your personal information in accordance with law, in a correct and transparent manner. While doing so, we respect your rights:
- Right to access to your personal information and other related information.
- Right to correct information or to clarify the data we process about you.
- Right to be erased (the right to be forgotten) if the processing is unjustified or the reasons for processing have ceased.
- Right for a limited processing.
- Right to data portability in a structured or machine-readable form, which corresponds to the method of storing them.
- Right to object to the processing.
- Right not to be subject to automatic decision making or profiling
- You may at any time revoke your consent to the processing of your personal data, unless this is inconsistent with legitimate interests or legal obligations.
- Right to file a complaint with the Office for Personal Data Protection at the address Pplk. Sochora 27, 170 00 Praha 7
If you need further assistance with accessing, correcting, limiting or deleting personal information, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. In good faith, we try to honour reasonable requests for access, removal, update, limitation, or repair of data. We will respond on request within 30 days. If we are unable to comply with your request, we will provide you with an explanation.
Your Choices and Selecting Your Communication Preferences
We give you the choice of receiving a variety of information related to our Solutions. You can manage your communication preferences through the following methods:
- By following the instructions enclosed in each promotional email from our company to opt out of this particular mail.
- By sending a message via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to PREGIS, a.s., Smetanova 1623/45, 466 01 Jablonec nad Nisou, Czech Republic. Be sure to include your name, email address and specific information about the materials you no longer want to obtain.
These options do not apply to service announcements or other required communications that are considered as part of some solutions that you can regularly accept unless you cancel the solution in accordance with the terms of service.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our Solutions, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law or otherwise with your consent.
We may share personal information in the following ways:
- With business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents, or contractors to provide a requested Solution, service or transaction. Examples include, but are not limited to: processing of orders and credit card transactions, hosting websites, hosting seminar registration, assisting with sales-related efforts or post-sales support, and providing customer support.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or to another company.
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to comply with legal process or meet national security requirements; protect the rights, property, or safety of PREGIS, its business partners, you, or others; or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- In aggregated, anonymized, and/or de-identified form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Security of Your Personal Information
We try to protect our personal data and deal with them safely in accordance with our privacy statement. PREGIS implements physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We also contractually require our suppliers to protect this information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our agreements.
On our websites PREGIS uses automatic data collection tools, such as cookies, embedded web links, and web beacons. These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to our website. Examples include your browser type and the address of the website from which you arrived at our website.
These tools may also collect information about:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address. This is a number automatically assigned to your computer or device whenever you connect to the Internet. It is a unique address assigned by your Internet service provider or IT department on a TCP/IP network. Among other things, the IP address allows web servers to locate and identify your device.
- Clickstream behavior. This includes, for example, the pages you view and the links you click. These tools help make your visit to our website easier, more efficient, and more valuable by providing you with a customized experience and recognizing you when you return
By opting out your interest, you will continue to see general ads without adjusting to your interests. To disagree with interest-based ads, please see:
- If you are located in the European Union – click here
- If you are located in all other parts of the world – click here
We may provide links to other third-party websites and services that are outside our control and not covered by this Privacy Statement. We encourage you to review the privacy statements posted on those websites you visit.
PREGIS does not knowingly collect personal information from children without appropriate parental or guardian consent. If you believe that we may have collected personal information from someone under the applicable age of consent in your country without proper consent, please let us know using the methods described in the How Contact Us section below and we will take appropriate measures to investigate and address the issue promptly.
How to Contact Us
We value your opinions. Should you have questions or comments related to this Privacy Statement, please email our privacy team at email@example.com.